Friday, November 5, 2010

Whole Wheat Banana Bars

OK, I am a big lush for sweet goodies.

I love baking. I justify my sweet bread tooth by converting everything into whole wheat or whole grain.

When I saw some over ripe bananas at my mother-in-laws house, I was more than happy to dispose of them for her.

I got this awesome recipe from a good friend, Angie. She made these one night when we had a family get together and I have been dying to make them again.  Here is Angie's recipe... knowing me... I just tweeked it just a little to make it whole wheat.

Banana Bars/Muffins

1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour     I used 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (red wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)

Cream butter and sugar.

Beat in eggs.

Stir in sour cream/yogurt and vanilla

In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.

Stir dry mix into wet mix, do not over stir.

Mix in mashed bananas.

Pour into a 9x13 pan or muffin tins.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.

Frosting:

1 package cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cup powdered sugar
2 ts vanilla

Cream all ingredients together and glob it on top of your delicious muffins or bars!!!

2 comments:

  1. They looks delicious. I've got a bunch of bananas that need to be used up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanna look at it... oh, wait! I have to make some. :D Good thing my aunt just bought bananas. I think I'm gonna make me some banana bars and muffins.

    Healthy recipes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews since Nov 1st, 2010