I got this recipe from my dear brother-in-law, who passed away recently. These were his specialty! Here's to you Derek!!!
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares
1/2 c butter or margerine
2 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1 c peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1 package chocolate chips
1) Line 9x13 baking dish with foil, make sure foil extends up the sides of the dish.
2) Melt butter in large microwave bowl for 45 seconds on HIGH.
3) Add sugar, cracker crumbs, and peanut butter to the melted butter and mix well.
4) Spread the mix into the foil lined pan.
5) Melt the bag of chocolate chips in a microwave bowl on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
6) Cool chocolate slightly then spread over the peanut butter mix in the pan.
7) Cut partially thru the dessert to make 48 squares. Don't forget this step or you will never get the squares cut decently.
8) Refridgerate for atleast 1 hour or until set.
9) Lift dessert from pan using the foil as handles.
10) Cut al the way thru dessert into squares.
Variation: Double everything but the chocolate for extra thick and yummy squares! That is how Derek always made them.
Derek used to make this for EVERY single family party. This Thanksgiving was a hard one and we really missed him and missed his wonderful peanut butter squares. He was a fabulous cooking and a great husband, daddy and friend. We REALLY miss him. Derek, if you are reading this.... until we meet again! I will expecting some of these squares when I get up there buddy!!! Love you.