It is that time again! The wonderful Christmas season... a time to celebrate Christ's birth by sharing time with family, friends and strangers. To spread Christmas Spirit, my family goes caroling and gives out goody baskets. This week's cooking endeavor? You guessed it, fill the goody baskets with GOODIES!!!
Let's start with a new favorite of mine:
1 package Oreos (or store brand cookie sandwiches, NOT double stuffed)
1 brick cream cheese
1 cup nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans), chopped
1 package of white chocolate almond bark
1) soften cream cheese
2) chop up cookies using a food processer/chopper or by putting them into a ziplock bag and crushing them.
3) Mix together the cookie crumbs, nuts and cream cream and beat together until it forms a stiff batter.
4) Refridgerate batter it get it extra stiff. About 30 minutes.
5) Roll into 1-2 inch balls, while melting the white chocolate/vanilla bark in the microwave. I microwave the bark on high for 30 seconds at a time and stir in between to make sure it all gets melted and doesn't burn.
6) Throw about 8 balls into the bowl of melted chocolate and roll around to completely coat.
7) Using a fork, get the balls out and place on waxed paper, or on a grease cookie sheet and place in refridgerator to harden.
8) Eat and ENJOY!!!