Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What's Cooking?

In the kitchen:

I have been addicted to the spice CUMIN lately. Today I am making chicken taco salad for dinner. I made homemade corn tortillas and baked them at 350 for 15 minutes to make chips. Then I made this awesome and healthy dressing!



Taco Salad Dressing


1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1/4 cup salsa
1/2 ts cumin

Whisk all ingredients together and eat!!! A 1/4 cup of this dressing only has about 70 calories!!! Yum!

I am also making homemade carrot baby food today! Stay tuned for a tutorial and save a fortune!



On the craft table:

The beginnings of a string quilt!  My husband's grandmother showed me a new way of quilting called String Quilting.  It is SOOOOO easy.  I need to make a tutorial, anyone can do this!!!


The color on the pictures is not great as I am a horrible photographer and pretty much use me iPhone to take all the pictures for me blog... I know, I know.... SORRY!

Anyway, I am naming this quilt "As My Garden Grows".  It is a "string" of green with a few dark and lights pinks intermingled!  I am making this quilt for my baby girl Kynlee.  She is 6 months and growing like a weed.  When I saw how the colors were coming out and the name wouldn't leave my head, I couldn't help but to think of her.  I love you Kynlee.

And Yes, I am STILL working on Brooky's quilt.  I have gotten the rows of squares together, but am having a hard time trimming it square.... a twin sized quilt is HUGE when you aren't used to working with so much fabric!

1 comment:

  1. Love the string quilt idea! And you totally need to put up a tutorial for those of us less experienced quilters.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews since Nov 1st, 2010