My daughter calls it "Cookie Samwich"
Here's what you need:
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Molasses Gingerbread Cookies (recipe below)
1 tub of pudding or a scoop of ice cream or frosting
Take 2 cookies, pop on your favorite filling and smoosh the cookies together! Voila! Cookie Samwiches.
I love this pic.... the cookie monster is lurking!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Molasses Gingerbread Cookies (wow that's a mouth full and your mouth will be full after you make them.... or while making them in my case :)!!!)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, salted (if you use unsalted, add 1/2 ts salt to the recipe)
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup molasses
1 ts vanilla
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or butternut)
2 ts baking soda
1 cup red wheat flour
2 1/2-3 cups white wheat flour (or all purpose white flour)
1 ts cinnamon
1 ts ginger
1/2 ts nutmeg
cinnamon sugar with a dash of ginger
1) Cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
2) Add molasses and eggs and vanilla. Then blend in pumpkin.
3) In a separate bowl sift flours, baking soda and spices.
4) Mix wet and dry mixtures together.
5) Place dough in the fridge to chill. (or not, but it makes it a little more difficult to roll in sugar)
6) Spoon out big globs of the chilled dough and roll in cinnamon sugar.
7) Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Cookies will puff up. When you take them out of the oven smoosh them flat with the back of a spatula. This recipe makes the best cookie for sandwiches, nice and thick!