I was just milling around the kitchen creating a new pumpkin recipe (involving pumpkin, molasses and cookies... I'll post later), and I made a glass of crystal light... Only it is Great Value brand from walmart, you know those 5 calories drink mixes?
Anyway, I mixed it up and it instantly stained my water bottle. In fact it left a stain on my cream counter top where I accidentally splashed!
Then I got frustrated! I hate it when companies put so much crap into things that doesn't need to be there. If it stains my countertop and I have to use bleach to get it off, I don't even want to think about what it does to my insides!
You know, I don't mind adding a few drops of food coloring to frosting to make a festive cupcake or cake. But do people really have to overload my drink with dye to get it THAT dark red? Come on!!!!
And that ladies and gentle-cooks is my food thought for today.
PS. Stay tuned later today for a new pumpkin recipe: whole wheat pumpkin ginger molasses cookies!