Sunday, January 2, 2011

Road to Artisan Perfection

I got a neat artisan bread recipe from my brother-in-law. It calls for making a "Poolish" which is simply an early form of sour dough. I turned the recipe to whole wheat.

It turned out really good with a the perfect chewy crust. It only calls for 3 ingredients! Flour, water and yeast. However, I would like to play some more and do it again adding a little salt and some honey.

Perfected recipe will be up soon!




In the meantime, I made Melba toast out of this loaf! Melba toast for my diet.... Time to pay the price for my holiday over eating. But it was worth it!!!

To make Melba toast:

Slice bread into thin slices.

Place on cookie sheet and bake at 300 for 45minutes to 1 hour. Flipping slices half way.

Should come out like crispy cracker bread for dips or to eat with salad (which is what I am doing).


Here's the Poolish. It is flour, water and yeast. Mixed up in the evening, then you cover it and let it sit out for 12-16 hours to 'brew'!

Stay tuned for the recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews since Nov 1st, 2010